Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Evra: I'm ready to fight Cesc


PATRICE EVRA has threatened to fight Arsenal's Cesc Fabregas.

The Manchester United defender believes the Gunners skipper attempted to injure him so he would miss tonight's Champions League final.

Fabregas was booked for a tackle near the end of Arsenal's 0-0 draw at Old Trafford on May 16.

Evra rapped: "If it amuses you to hit people, you do boxing, you do taekwondo, whatever you want. But you don't play football.

" We will see each other again off the pitch and there will not be a referee to give me a red card.

"I was really disappointed. Everyone understood that he wanted to hurt me.

"It was because of what I said after the Champions League semi-final: 11 boys against 11 men.

"I said it and I thought it. But in this world, as soon as you say what you think then you are seen as arrogant."

Evra also revealed he has been sending constant texts to fellow Frenchman and Barcelona star Thierry Henry, who has been battling to be fit for the showdown in Rome.

He added: "He told me he was working like crazy to get fit. At the start, he was pessimistic. I told him 'Don't talk nonsense, you have to be there'. It is important for France."

Bizarrely, Evra also claims he has 24 brothers and sisters.

He declared: "They are not from the same mother, I assure you!

"My father, he didn't watch the television..."

No comments:

Post a Comment